What is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation?
WHEN: Friday, May 11, 2018
TIME: 9:00am-10:30am COST:$35 per person WHERE: 5601 Democracy Drive, Plano TX 75024
CEU: 1.5 CEU credit hr (LPC, LMFT or LCSW hours)
PRESENTED BY: Beth DiPalma
About the training: This training highlights cutting edge technologies in the mental health field. Two technologies that will be explored are DNA testing to aid clinicians in prescribing psychotropic medications and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to help clients that suffer from medication resistant depression.
- Recognize clients that are exhibiting depressive symptoms
- Create a dialogue about the role of medication in the client’s journey
- Identify clients that seem resistant to anti-depression medications
- Educate mental health providers on DNA and TMS so they feel comfortable talking with clients about these options
- Education on benefits of DNA and TMS
- How to support clients through the process if they choose these options of treatment
About the presenter: Beth DiPalma is the Director of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) at Dallas Psychiatry and TMS Center. Beth just recently graduated with her Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Lamar University and has 10 years of experience in the medical field. During Beth’s time as a master’s level intern, she worked with clients in social services, animal
assisted therapy, and private practice. Beth has worked with clients suffering from anxiety, depression, self-esteem issues, and trauma. Beth administers all the TMS therapy at Dallas TMS Center and has a passion for mental health awareness.