Counseling Clients Struggling With Sex Addiction And Their Partners
WHEN: Friday, June 8, 2018
TIME: 9:00am-12:00pm COST:$55 per person WHERE: 5601 Democracy Drive, Plano TX 75024
CEU: 3 CEU credit hr (LPC, LMFT or LCSW hours)
PRESENTED BY: Eric Tooley
About the training: This training highlights issues and approaches to clients struggling with pornography and other sexual addiction behaviors. Two approaches that will be explored are working with those struggling with sex and porn addiction as well as working with their spouse/partner.
- Understand six common approaches taken to correct their behaviors that do not work
- Learn the four core beliefs the person struggling with sex addiction hold
- Learn the four stages of the sex addiction cycle of acting out
- Education on the four step approach to reduce acting out
- Understand the common accusations the partner endures from their spouse, his/herself, and others
- Gain understanding of the contrasting experiences of disclosure and how this impacts the relationship
- Education on the trauma approach for helping the partner
About the presenter: Eric Tooley is a licensed professional counselor intern, supervised by Dr. Ken Bateman, LPC-S. He is also the president and founder of Noble Choices. This non-profit organization provides prevention, intervention, and recovery programs for people struggling with pornography and sexual issues. Eric earned his Master’s degree from Amberton University and has over 20 years experience in speaking on this topic. He is also a Certified Pastoral Sexual Addiction Specialist and a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT) Candidate.